Saturday, October 11, 2008

MY FAVORITE BOOK


Written by Dave Roberson, my favorite book is called The Walk of the Spirit, The Walk of Power: The Vital Role of Praying in Tongues. I try to keep a few handy just to give out to people. The last time my son came up to visit, his fiancee was so taken by the book that she went home with it.

Now, it's time for me to order a few more copies.

There are a number of reasons why I like this book so much. The whole book focuses on why we as Spirit-filled Christians ought to make it a daily practice to pray in the Spirit. So, each day I find myself quietly praying in the Spirit while I'm walking or driving or simply standing in line in the supermarket.

It describes the
four basic diversities of tongues (do you know what they are?). It details why the Apostle Paul was so filled with revelation knowledge, and how you can be too. It helps you locate your "spiritual ear" from which you can purposely mine for deeper communication with the Holy Spirit. The book is a tremendous resource for encouraging one to develop that gift of tongues, which is quite often overlooked as insignificant, and helps you unlock the other gifts of the Spirit.

You can order a copy online for a ridiculously low price here; or if you can't wait for your copy you can download a free copy here.

No comments: