Sunday, November 9, 2008

THE GOD OF WHOEVER-WINS-THE-ELECTION

While I seriously disagree with some brethren about the outcome of the elections, I do know this: I will continue to serve and magnify the Lord and to pray for President-elect Obama. On this, I hope, we can all agree.

Dave Roberson, author of the book, "The Walk of the Spirit, The Walk of Power", had this prophetic word before the election results. In it, the Lord prepares us with a "what if" the election went in Obama's favor, what would you do? Here's his word:

The What If God

Generally, the words "what if" when spoken in connection to a stand of faith, are not perceived as being acceptable in the realm of faith. Generally, to contemplate any possibility beyond the stand you are taking in the spirit would be a violation of your position of faith, but My Body needs to understand that there are exceptions to the rule when it comes to dealing as children of light in a world of darkness.


When you're speaking of My love to you and the power of My redemption and everything that the Cross provided for you as an inheritance, there is no room for possibilities. These things are absolute. Your stand of faith and confession must give no room for the possibilities for Me to fail you. In the realm of this world have I not said, "In this world you will have tribulation?" Much of My Body is trying to take a strong stand in their faith and confession, and yet the words of "what if" keep surfacing in their thoughts:


What if certain people are elected? What if the very things we are praying against comes to pass? What happens then? Where do we as the Body of Christ go from here? Did we, the praying Church, fail God because the "what if"came to pass?


I desire to eliminate all fear from My Church because fear has torment, but perfect love casteth out fear. I desire you to be perfected in My love. This is why I come to reason with you, saith the Spirit of Grace.


I am God and know the beginning from the end. I know who will be your President-elect in just a few days, but I desire that your hearts are so settled in My future for you, that I can best use your faith for the present. What if "the worst" happens? When the great king Nebuchadnezzar declared himself to be God and erected the statue to be worshiped, he gave no alternative, and yet there were those of My children who reasoned in faith and said these things with a "what if" involved.


If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

Daniel 3:17,18


The "what if" spoken by those men of faith was not doubt, but rather, a predetermination in their heart to serve Me no matter what the outcome would be. I rewarded their faith and stood with them in the fire and delivered them out of the fire.


Understand that when My people of the Old Testament were carried away into the Babylonian captivity, not all of these people were unrighteous. In fact, I had many righteous that were carried away under the penalty of that judgment that came to Israel as a nation.


But the people that knew their God were strong and did exploits. Read My Word and see. Is there not an example? The people who went through the most evil administrations with an unyielding conviction were always the ones that were most highly exalted by Me and even by their very captors. Remember that their testimony to Me in the midst of tribulation stopped the mouths of lions and delivered them out of the fire and even eventually converted the heart of a wicked king.


Do not be afraid of your future, says the Lord, no matter what. I have plans to exalt My Church in the midst of darkness. A city set on a hill cannot be hid, and you will burn with a great intensity to this world until that coming of My Son, saith the Lord.

No comments: