Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sorting out the Recent National Elections

Out of all the prophetic words that came forth following the presidential election, I'm certainly seeing the wisdom in what Prophet James Goll wrote.

I know that I didn't vote for Barack Obama, because I sensed a major shift downward for this nation. However, if the election of Barack Obama helps to heal the wounds of the African American people I'm all for it.

I'm not about seeking an I-told-you-so scenario of doom and gloom over America. Actually, I'd rather see growth and prosperity here during Obama's administration than to be able to say I was right. I'd rather pray mercy and peace over America, and not seek it's doom. I'd rather pray that in Obama's administration we see the greatest revival in America that draws millions to the Lord, to His salvation and peace, and to His healing and deliverance.

I know you're all for that too.

Now here's what James Goll says...

I have been asked by many to give my perspective concerning the recent historic elections in which Barack Obama was elected President of the United States for the next four years. The political arena has carried great interest to me for years, so I attempt to be an informed religious leader. I do not just routinely vote along “party lines”. While I have some non-negotiable issues, like many of you, I pray; I research; I listen and I consult with others. Please understand I voted for the team that lost – not for the ticket that won.

It is true, I have grave concerns about the incoming administration due to their apparent liberal stances on issues that could adversely affect our judicial appointments, potential rulings concerning the sanctity of life and marriage and other moral concerns. One of the areas that concerns me the most – in any administration – as it affects the future destiny of our nation - is how we align ourselves concerning Israel, Jerusalem, and the complex issues of the Middle East. Nations have risen and fallen in prominence – judgment and blessing - on this issue alone. So – I have many foreboding concerns, as do many of my colleagues of the faith and in specific those in the global prayer community.

But I ask for your patience as I briefly attempt to give you a perspective from my chair on the times and days in which we live. Realize, we each only see in part and thus we each only speak in part. That is why we need each other as well as multiple voices weighing in on a particular matter. I know some of what I am about to present is a little different, so bear with me for a moment. Okay?

I have said for years that I am either a republicrat or a demopublican. I have also been known to say in the past several months, that if I had another life to live – I would start a third viable political party in the United States. I would take the supposed moral values of the right wing and wed them with the social justice issues of the left wing. God’s throne is established on justice and righteousness. After all, it takes both wings stretched out for the eagle to fly! 8 years ago one of our presidential candidates stated that what this nation needed was “compassionate conservatism.” I agreed then, and I agree still to this day. One of the things I learned from my deceased wife, it is time for compassion that takes action.


Redemptive Interpretation

So what about the results of the national elections? I often ask the Holy Spirit to give me what I call a “redemptive interpretation” of the times. We cannot change what has happened – we must live in the reality of what is – we cannot not dwell on what could have been – nor should we be kicking ourselves that we did not do enough – that never pays off for any person in any situation. I did a national radio interview this past week and one person was so disturbed with the results of the elections, they stated that they wanted to move to New Zealand. Yes, some are mad, some are sad and some are glad. Thus is a democracy at it’s best!

But I kept stating the same phrase over and over in my interview. I could not get away from it. What I am about to state is not “the word of the Lord” but it is “a word from the Lord.” Always, remember, the man on the hill is not the man on the throne! Did you hear me? The man on the hill is not the man on the throne!

I think we should rise above our little mindsets and get back into worship and prayer and seek the full counsel of God. Think bigger!

Daniel gave counsel to the evil ruler of his day - Nebuchadnezzar. Joseph was raised up as a consultant to Egypt’s Pharaoh. Young future King David kept his heart pure while Saul was in power.

I am not suggesting that president elect Obama is likened unto any of these evil rulers. But it is all the more time for the word of the Lord to come forth for those in authority. It is not time to shy away from crying for mercy on our land! It is time to step up to the plate and seize the moment! Wow, I think I read somewhere that “light shines best in darkness.” So come on now – let’s shine!

A Vision of Oil Being Poured on a Deep Rift!

While I was in worship and prayer with a group of leaders in Nashville, TN this past week a clear word from the Lord came to me. In a spiritual vision, I saw something that appeared like the Grand Canyon - it represented a wide and deep rift that historically existed in the nation’s history. As I continued to look, I saw oil being poured upon the deep rift in this land. The oil seeped into the crevice and went deep into the land.

Then I heard the words, “Some of you think I have forgotten all your prayers and fasting concerning the genocide of children in this generation, but I have not. I see deeper and wider in history than man. I see with a length and breadth that man does not see. I have not forgotten your prayers and tears concerning the end of the genocide of children in this generation.”

As these words were coming I saw two doors – a door of the past and a door of the future. Then as I continued in worship more words flowed into my being, “Man asks, ‘What is the Lord doing?’ I am pouring oil into the historic rift of this land. I will heal this land. But there must be a closing of the door of genocide of the past before there can be a shutting of the door of the genocide of the present. I am going to the root of genocide in this land and I am pouring my healing oil on this great rift. I will heal the bitter root of the African American people and restore dignity to them. If you will look upon their faces, if you will let their pain touch your heart, you will see that I am pouring oil upon this great rift in this land. One door leads to the other door. You cannot close the door of genocide today without cleansing the wound and shutting the door of genocide of the past.”

Then the audacious God that He is challenged us Caucasian spiritual leaders to praise the Lord as though we were in Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia. So we sang and our songs, swayed with the music and praised the Lord! We clapped our hands and we gave the sacrifice of praise to the one who sits on the throne. We declared together that He is pouring oil on the injustices of the past and in faith both doors of genocide will be shut. Now do I understand all of this? Do I know how all of this will happen? No! But our trust is not in men but in the name of the Lord who is mighty to save!

So What Are You Really Saying?

We ought always to pray and never give up!

The man on the hill is not the man on the throne!

Light shines best in darkness!

God has a higher vision and His ways are not our ways!

We must get God’s redemptive interpretation!

God is pouring His healing oil on injustices of the past!

God has not forgotten our prayers!

It is time to seize the moment!

It is time as watchmen to praise the Lord!

So there is a peak of the view from the chair that I sit in. I hope this incomplete perspective will yield light to your path as we search Him in these turbulent times.


Sincerely,

James W. Goll
President of Encounters Network
International Director of Prayer Storm

No comments: