Saturday, May 8, 2010

WHY I SPEAK OUT!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing, quote attributed to Edmund Burke.

I want to take this opportunity to explain why I’m so conscious of what’s going on in the nation.

When I speak about the things of the world, and how wrong things are, it’s a matter of waking up, what seems to be, a sleeping church, unconcerned as freedom and righteousness is slowly being taken away from them and evil is tolerated.

It’s not a matter of “loving this present world” – but like God, it’s a matter of loving the people -- "God so loved this world..."! This nation, more so than any other, was founded upon Godly principles. The United States has produced more missionaries for the world, contributed more dollars to charitable organizations than any other, and has been a beacon of light for the world for centuries.

But now, as I see America losing its way, when I see a generation that doesn’t know right from wrong, it’s not love for the world’s system that I voice my opinion, but love for the people. And like Wisdom from Proverbs cries out (I paraphrase), “How long will you tolerate evil and self-destruction?”

There is no guarantee that Jesus is coming within ten years. I wish He does, but He may not come for another hundred.

Yet, in the meantime, is it not incumbent upon us Christians to be the salt and light of the earth? If we see evil or danger approaching, is it not wise to sound the alarm?

In the 1960s, very few Christians spoke out against God being expelled from our schools. Yet, look at what our incriminating silence produced for the nation. You can see a direct correlation between expelling God from school to the national, cultural erosion that began at that time and continues to this day: in sexual promiscuity, intolerance of morals and Christianity, drug use, profanity, and just about every other evil. Today’s generation knows nothing about, and in fact mocks, the moralistic pre-60s culture.

So when Comedy Central wants to malign my Savior, you bet I’m going to say something! It has been our silence that has allowed so much of the evil we presently see.

When I see a government run amuck in debt spending, which my children will inherit and couldn’t possibly pay back, you bet I’m going to say something.

When I see a large part of the church vote for change rather than righteousness, you bet I’m going to sound the alarm – lest we repeat our mistakes in the next election.

When the news media, to support its anti-American mindset, calls certain voices for righteousness racist or homophobic – I'll be there to defend righteousness.

Presently we see an administration turning it’s back on the National Day of Prayer – so why aren't the pastors of this nation speaking out?

While we are ambassadors for a heavenly kingdom, we still live here. If evil reigns, we suffer under it. So let our lights and influence shine, lest we allow evil to be at the helm of this spiraling-downward nation. Let us not be relegated to the back of the bus any longer.

God gave us a voice, let’s use it without apology. If God’s people don’t speak out for righteousness, who will?

No comments: