Monday, September 8, 2008

THE SHORTENING DAY

I've so enjoyed this summer here on Long Island, NY. I've found that my greatest escape -- and one that I've learned to routinely fit into my busy ministerial schedule (no matter how hectic!) -- is to go off walking along Smith Point Beach and commune with the Lord.

It has been such a source of refreshment for me: a grand mix of the waves and the Son. Nothing beats that combination! But, alas, with the passing of Labor Day, the wind seems to be getting cooler along the beach and the sunset seems to be coming earlier. You realize that the year is passing you by. Invariably, one tends to look back across the span of this year and assess how much one has accomplished. And then, to wax more introspective, one tends to assess the accomplishments one has made over the course of one's life.

I see the sun setting earlier and earlier.

What have I accomplished with my life? What do I still want to do?

The internet age in which we live has created legions of bloggers (or broadcasters) -- all in varying degrees of opinions on a wide range of subjects. And, many individuals, operating in the confines of their own home, reach the multitudes with their own two little cents worth. Now, we can all be our own little Tom Brokaw.

But the maze of confusion hanging over this nation and the church troubles me greatly. And, in my own little way, I've decided to express an opinion -- an opinion hopefully originating from God -- about the way things are, or the way things ought to be.

There's so much to say, and so little time. There's much to say about the upcoming elections and the course of this nation. So much to say about living a righteous life in an anti-biblical society. So much to say about the prophetic events leading up to the return of Jesus Christ. So much to say about what's on my mind.

And, we'll have time for fun too. Can't do without humor.

Therefore, dear reader, come back from time to time and I'm sure you'll see a fresh perspective on things that matter most to you.

No comments: